Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It all started in Paris...

 Before tackling my summer research in Turkey, I stopped in Paris for a much needed and (I believe) well-deserved week of rest. Over the last 8 months, many things have happened, some I have forgotten, some are emblazoned across my heart and memory, forever. SO, during my much anticipated week in Paris… it rained… everyday! REALLY? Come on Paris, this is how you treat me, after all I've done for you? Knowing my time was precious and short, I hit the "rues." Of course there were the "mandatories," FNAC, Musee d'Orsay, Monoprix, Monoprix and Monoprix, once more.
 After leaving L'Harmattan and my dear sister Bintou at Presence Africaine, my 3rd umbrella and I headed for L'Institut Du Monde Arab, The Arab Institute. From across the street, I saw the sign:

Hajj , le pèlerinage à La Mecque


The exhibition, Hajj, The Pilgrimage To Mecca, had only recently opened and even though it was raining, it was the right time for me to be in Paris. My steps quickened. I admit, it was one of the most enlightening and breathtaking exhibitions I've every had the privilege to attend. Three floors of the evolution of the Hajj, rendered historically as well as through the perspective of contemporary artists.

It was good…it was good. The next day, I left and started my own Hajj, my Hajj, to Turkey…
Scroll down after the images to the France 24 news report on the exhibition.
Enjoy the photos and the video, put on your seat belts and get ready for Turkey. We'll talk again soon.
As always, with love, from Kym…from Turkey













http://www.france24.com/en/20140506-hajj-exhibition-paris-france-world-arab-institute/

1 comment: